Antifreeze Water Bowls
Transformer for Trough Heating
• transforms voltage from 230 V to 24 V
• suitable for all frost-proof water bowls
• short circuit and overload protection thanks to easy-to-replace car fuses in the output current circuit
• the transformers are also secured against overheating thanks to an integrated temperature limiter (automatic reset after cool-down)
• IP 65 (transformer)/IP 20 (wiring)
Which transformer to choose?
If you want to operate a drinking bowl with 80 W of power (supplied), a transformer with 100 W (#222796) is sufficient. If you also want to connect a heating cable with 24 V, simply add the power consumption (= wattage) of the cable. Please also consider the power loss through leads (see calculation example). This means you will obtain the required minimum power for the transformer. Do not measure the transformer's power too precisely in order to have a buffer for extensions.
Example calculation for transformers:
5 x drinking troughs with a power consumption of 100 Watt = 500 Watt
4 x 24 V frost protection heating cables at 30 Watt each = 120 Watt
1 x 24 V frost protection heating cable at 15 Watt each = 15 Watt
Total power consumption 635 Watt
Factor in the cable loss (15 %)
635 Watt x 1.15 = 730 Watt
Two 400 W transformers should therefore be selected.