Pig Breeding and Farming
Radiant heater for piglet rearing
Rearing healthy and high numbers of animals is becoming an increasing challenge in animal breeding.
The key is to offer all of the young animals in a litter a stable level of heat adjusted to their age. To ensure that the piglets stay healthy from the start and gain weight daily, a temperature requirement for new-born piglets of 30 to 35 °C is recommended. From the 2nd to 4th weeks of life, the temperature requirement falls to around 26 °C.
The SunnyBoy Radiant Heaters are designed especially to meet these natural requirements: the more even radiation of heat generates a larger comfort zone (30 - 35 °C or 26 °C) and therefore the ideal nest environment for all piglets.
• large comfort zone and therefore the ideal nest environment for the entire litter
• less competition among the young animals
• better and more balanced development of new-born piglets ensures healthy livestock
• efficient operation thanks to an overall shorter period of use and potential to reduce the device's output
• the optimised nest environment allows the sty temperature to be reduced and therefore adapted to the needs of the mother sows
• fast and simple cleaning possible with a high-pressure cleaner (protection type IPX7)
• low maintenance costs thanks to long lifespan and no need to replace faulty infra-red lamps
• housing made entirely from stainless steel
• includes red light
220 – 240 V AC / ~50Hz
Rated lamp output:
100 W (Art. No. 22258)
150 W (Art. No. 22259)
50 x 22 x 7 cm
Radiant Heater SunnyBoy 100 W
Radiant Heater SunnyBoy 150 W
Power switch for SunnyBoy